Monday, February 25, 2013

Rain

It Will Rain: Bruno Mars (Twilight Breaking Dawn 2 Soundtrack): I enjoy this song, it is full of heartbreak and is great for a rainy day. (I actually thought about typing in Rain into iTunes and just doing a review on only songs that talk about Rain...should each Sunday post be themed? hmmm..) I can see this as a song used on So You Think You Can Dance, it could be a routine with a lot of emotion, it would be cool if it were done in water, and was about them separating... or maybe those moments when they are together the sun is out and the rain is stopped... Okay, SYTYCD, hire me already!! Two Stars.

Rain: SWV: A nice little 90's slow jam hit... I like the actual sound of water dripping and the clouds rolling in. It reminds me of listening to the mixed tapes my sister and her friends would make. This song is fun to listen to every once in awhile, so I will keep it around. One Star.

Feel Like Rain: Motion City Soundtrack: This is a more upbeat song, because sometimes you just feel like rain. One Star.

Umbrella: Mandy Moore: If I were to make a playlist all about rain, you would need one about an umbrella! See a review of this song on this post

Let The Rain: Sara Bareillas: I like Sara's voice, it is calming and smooth. There is something so healing about rain, I've always been a romantic and want that kiss in the rain... In Rexburg there were times in the summer where the rain was warm, and it was hot outside and it was fun to just dance in and kick around! I think this song is fun, I like the clapping in it. I don't think I had ever heard it before, but I give it Two Stars.

Llovera (It Will Rain): Mia Maestro (Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1 Soundtrack) I could see myself keeping this song for meditation purposes... but a minute in an I am kind of bored... It kind of picks back up around 1:40, but then it almost seems like 4 songs in one with the breaks it has... I feel like I should keep it for the soundtrack, but I don't really want to... cut...

Now When The Rain Falls: Linda Eder: I liked this song originally because on my dance team we danced to a song by Linda Eder, so I looked up more music by her and I liked this one. She does have a good voice, maybe a little more vibrato than is necessary... I like the message of the song, but don't think I will listen to it enough to keep it...

Only A Rainbow Away: Fefe Dobson: this is a very dramatic difference in her style, and I actually forgot I was writing a review during this, It is a great lullaby. Two Stars.

Only Happy When It Rains: Garbage: I've always loved this song. I like how it is a little bit dirty, it's a 90s grunge band anyway! Sometimes I do love it when it rains, its just what I need sometimes. Two Stars.

The Rain: Will Smith: Already I am skeptical... Well, for good reason. I do love his voice, But I am not feeling this.

Rain: Breaking Benjamin: Oh how I needed this song in the fall of 2005. There was something about it that just ran through my veins. The rain stick, incredible.  Sometimes life is just too much, all the rain is unbearable and you need some light. This song is a perfect take for that. Who knew a little nursery rhyme could sound so good?! Three Stars.

Raindrops: Regina Spektor: She's got a way of making sad songs sound a little more fun... her voice is so great. I like this song, it's cutesy. One Star.

Rainy Day: Guster: it starts off as a haunting sounding lullaby, and doesn't really change I am not feeling this one. It's actually a pretty good song, but I just don't like the anger behind the song. I do like the hand drums being used, but overall, I am not keeping it.

Set Fire To The Rain: Adele: Oh silly Adele, you can't set water on fire! I do like this song. I hate how it got overplayed, but I do still enjoy it occasionally. It's a good ballad to belt out in your car! Two Stars. This Reggae Version is pretty sweet too!

Remember When It Rained: Josh Groban: I remember being in high school and driving one night in the rain and this song came on and explained exactly what I was feeling. I just kept it on repeat and kept driving, letting the song wash over me and sang out as long as I could.  Two Stars


All this talk about rain made me think of FRIENDS...Hope you enjoy this clip!

--And then I wondered why I didn't have Singing In The Rain!!?


14 Songs in this Post

1 comment:

  1. I like Sara Bareilles, but I'd never heard this one before, I'm adding it.

    Ah FeFe, you intoduced me to her, haven't listened to much of it lately though.

    Love Regina Spektor, actually heard a great npr interview with her about her emigration from Russia as a child, she's a real artist.

    I wish Adele wasn't so overplayed too. But it is always my favorite workout saver when one of her songs pops into rotation, gives me a boost. That and Feist (can't wait for My Moon My Man to show up on your reviews)

    Added:
    Rain, Breaking Benjamin
    Raindrops, Regina Spektor
    Set Fire to the Rain

    BTW I laughed out loud at the friends clip. : )
    I had to pee the whole time I was reading this post, and with all the rain, ahhh!hahaha

    ReplyDelete