Friday, February 22, 2013

All My Days

All My Days: Alexi Murdoch: When this song started, I said, Ahhh... As a breath of fresh air. I believe this song was part of the trailer for Away We Go. Its a great indie and folky song, and as many songs do for me lately, makes me think of driving through a farmy countryside with the windows down and just being so content with life. It's a good introspective song. I feel like this song has a little bit of a bounce to it, and just a calming sense of happiness. Two Stars.

Candy: Will Smith: Interesting that I said that sound had a bounce to it, cause this song starts off with lets bounce... I actually don't think I can do this one at all. I love Will, he is attractive and funny and there will be some songs I keep.. but this is not one of them!

Track 8: Butterfly: Corinne Bailey Rae: sweet slow song, makes me want to stay inside on a cold day wrapped in a blanket and drinking tea. It's calming and nice. One Star.

Umbrella: Mandy Moore: I think this version is incredible! And not even because it's my girl... but I like the slowing down of the song, it feels more dramatic to me this way. I do love how Mandy is just so sweet and honest in the video too. One Star

Road Runner: Imelda May: This is such a fun and punchy song! I haven't used it on a workout mix yet, but I think it would pump me up. My sister recently told me about her, and I think she is fun. So Rockabilly, great sound and it is just fun! Two Stars. And the music video is funny

Caring Is Creepy: The Shins: I have this song because of the Garden State Soundtrack. I stand by this soundtrack as being good, but I do love the movie a lot more. I don't really feel like this is a song I really sing along to... so I am hesitant to keep it. It is eerie and I like that, but In cutthroat fashion...

Worry About You: Ivy: I love this band. I think they have a very watered down sound, almost like what you would hear if you were to listen to music underwater. I remember in college one of my friends mentioned that they liked how the female lead didn't seem to care about her image, as most often her face is covered in the album artwork. I like how mellow the song is, though sometimes I can't listen to too much Ivy in a row because it hurts my head how mellow they are. Weird right? One Star.

State of Grace: Taylor Swift: I have to say, I really enjoy this whole album. I like the sound, I like the direction, though the music videos are weird... (maybe just for We Are Never Ever...)  but I like how light this song is, it sweet and I like it. One Star.

Rain On My Parade: Glee Version: It's a good version, but I fell out of love of Glee... and I just don't really feel like having it.

Make It Mine: Jason Mraz: I am touch and go with Mr. Mraz. But, I like this song. It is kind of 80s, with the trombone? Whatever instrument that is... It is kind of a sweet little song, makes me think of The Wedding Date and kind of other cheesy romantic movies...The music video kind of confirmed that, and I like it...it got a little weird too.. haha It's just one of those songs when you are just having a good day, for no reason. One Star. 

10 Songs in this Post

1 comment:

  1. Songs added to my Ellen's "Jenni's Playlist" Playlist:
    All My Days
    Umbrella- Mandy Moore (I've also been a fan of that for a while)
    Some Imelda May

    Oh Man Jenni! Will Smith, I started laughing. Man that is terrible. You really have the most astonishing range of music!

    Okay, So I really liked the Imelda May, I'll be listening to more of her.

    I had that shins song on an American Eagle compilation cd (oh yeah, one of my first cds)that I got in one of my christmas gifts, I think that the cashier just threw it in when my mom said the sweater for her junior high teenager. Man it brought back memories of listening to that cd in my basement bedroom before I could drive.

    ReplyDelete