Thursday, February 21, 2013

Reasons Why

Crush: Mandy Moore: Well, we all know I am in love with Mandy, but more so her newer stuff. This song is so bubble pop! Its a cute little song though, for when you're feeling that puppy love and want a 90s type playlist. One Star

Track 4: I feel like a feather in the breeze: Don't know who it is by! (Here is a link to a version I don't have) But I enjoyed it. I got this song from a ballroom mix. It's a cute little Foxtrot. Makes me think of a woman with a ballgown with lots of feathers on the bottom, gliding around the floor. I give it One Star.

Kissing A Fool: Michael Buble: Smooth crooning, makes you think he is singing right to you... kitchen dancing worthy. Every so often, the Husband with lean in for a kiss, wrap his arms around me, and dip me. It's glorious! This song is also a foxtrot, as are most by Michael. Two Stars

Twistin the Night Away: It's a big ballroom playlist today! This is a fun swing song, Not my favorite, but I will keep it because I have danced to it! One star.

Don't Turn Around: Ace of Base: While this is a classic 90's song... (just watch the video to see for yourself) I don't feel like I need to keep it. It is a little whiny, and doesn't pump me up, and if I ever want to host a 90's party, I'll know where to find it to play then. deleted.

Crazy For You: N'Sync: It's about time! So, I believe I mentioned that in the battle of N'Sync and Backstreet Boys I chose 98*. That said, I know every word to every song on this CD, and I think it was before the 5 or more times Sarah and I serenaded our roommate Emmalee with the album. We always intended for it to only be one song... but then we would keep going. Dancing and performing with Boas, we were unstoppable that fall of 2004! This is the kind of song to keep for a 90's playlist. Two Stars.

We Cry: The Script: It sounds like this is a popsong rap... and I am not feeling it... deleted.

The Best Damn Thing: Avril Lavinge: speaking of pop song rap... could be good for an angry girl playlist... but... I'm not feeling it. haha, cutthroat Jenni strikes again! deleted.

This is For Real: Motion City Soundtrack: I'd say this goes on a Summer 2007 Playlist. That's when I heard of this band, and you better believe I thought my friend was talking about a movie soundtrack when he first asked if I had heard of it... This song reminds me of going 90 on I-15 from Rexburg to Pocatello or vise versa. Makes me think of driving through the countryside, seeing fields or farmland...  I still enjoy this song, I like how his voice is a little dirty, sometimes scratchy.. (please note that some of their songs are a little heavy on swearing) Ironicly, that relationship was NOT the best thing I had ever had. For Real. Two Stars.

A Box Full of Sharp Objects: The Used: Ahhh the time of Screamo... I once mastered the scream! It takes a lot of pain and anger to do this. I might keep one of two songs of the Used cause I do still like a little bit of screamo... this is not one of them. Too much screaming, it hurts my ears. (no age jokes please...) deleted.

Moon Dance: Van Morrison?: This is off an album one of my wedding couples had brought in to me when I did my internship at Arthur Murray in 2007. We decided to make a swing and foxtrot to the song. They were a fun couple! This song is a One Star earner for me, mostly because it kind of drags on there at the end...

Such A Pretty Lie: The Wrens: This is another song that was on one of my indie playlists that Ben had introduced me to. My "emo" name for this mixed CD is called "One Last Kiss Before Dying" I like this. I like the different speeds the song goes, how it kind of slows down, the music gets quieter, then picks back up... One Star.

Obvious: Blink182: I do kind of like this song, until it swore. I wasn't expecting that. I know that I have a LOT of Blink on my computer, and it is mostly due to saying, oh I like them, friend give me all your music of them, and then never going through what I actually liked. This one I do kind of like, but it sounds a little too chaotic for me. deleted.

Right Here Waiting: Richard Marx: I've always enjoyed this song. It makes me think of playing with my barbies when I was younger. My favorite part was usually just dressing them up, but when I would finally get around to playing, it was usually to a song (And most often Open Arms by Mariah Carey [That's the original as far as I am concerned!!]) But this song makes me think of that too, the type of song I would use to reunite dear Barbie to her Ken after the evil barbie had stolen him away or something... let's not analyze the mind of 9 year old Jenni mmkay? Thanks! One Star.

Reasons Why: Nickle Creek: My first introduction to this band was with the song The Lighthouse. Loved that, and I like this song. It's a very folky song, bluegrass? I'm not sure, but I think this song talks about how you can fall in love so quick, but be skeptical at the same time. This won't be a song I listen to all the time, but it stays. It's the kind of song for a lazy afternoon in the summer picking and eating peas off the vine. One Star.

15 Songs in this Post

1 comment:

  1. Wow, my big take away from this post is the dramatic flair with which you played with barbies! Like a movie trailer! Hehehe.
    I also never know if I'm attached or not to my Nickle Creek. It was one of those things that my sister liked, so I was trying to be cool like her. I played that one, and bam I was instantly back in my first car,(I totally get the associating music with memories thing now)the white subaru, with a broken speedometer than always read 0. Man I think I drove around for at least a year with my Nickle Creek cd being the only one in the car because I'd never remember to put something else in, so it'd play over and over- kinda like the fiero on HIMYM. : )

    ReplyDelete