Tuesday, February 19, 2013

not all my songs are Bulletproof

Yellow: Coldplay:  If I were to make a playlist that included songs as colors... obvious choice. Otherwise, I've always enjoyed this song. So mellow, so 2000s. A song about unrequited love, that leaves you wanting more, wanting to be on the beach at sunset, be star gazing, Two Stars (look how they shine for you)

I Write Sins Not Tragedies: Panic At The Disco: It was the Summer of 2006. I remember being with one of my roommates, we were having a hard time with the others, and they never seemed to be able to shut the door... so this song was pretty perfect for us... But, I don't really feel like this song needs to be in my collection anymore. Removed...(I might just remove the whole album while I am at it, I don't feel a connection to it when looking through the songs, and I am not sure if I ever did listen to the whole album.)

Bulletproof: La Roux: I got this one as a single from iTunes, and I am glad I did! I think it is a punchy and fun song, a little bit of girl power, I think it is a good song for pumping you up at the gym. Two Stars.

She Will Be Loved: Maroon 5: You know... I am actually not a big fan of this song. It is a song about a sad girl. Right now I just feel like the song is trying too hard and I am not feeling it. (Or am I just in a mood of cutting music?! ) Well... say goodbye...

Knights Of Shame: AWOLNation: Okay. this song is 11 minutes and 36 seconds long. But, I really respect it. I feel like it goes through so many different styles of music and is fun! I also saw them in concert and they were terrific. The lead singer goes through and plays all the instruments in the end, as his band leaves... and it was impressive. Two Stars, for originality.

Backyards of Our Neighbors: Au Revoir Simone: I went through a phase were I would download every song that was played on Grey's Anatomy. This is one of those, it is mellow, and almost sounds like you're in a hospital with that whisping air noise... It is kind of a haunted song... But, it's just that day for me I guess, Au Revoir, Simone.

OOOh! Here is a surprise song! It is currently labeled Track 2 from a cd I burned from my friend Rachel, on a cd called "Love"  So... Listening, googling lyrics "Got a picture of You I carry in my heart"
           It is called Not A Day Goes By: LoneStar:  Well, I am not a big country fan. The lyrics are nice, and I could see this on a lovey dovey playlist, but... the twang is a little too distracting to me and I am not in love with the lyrics. Cut.

Fantasy: Mariah Carey: Hello 4th grade! I remember my friend Nicole and I were planning on trying out to the talent show with this one. We didn't end up trying out, but in 5th grade we did, but with a different song, She ended up not doing it and I had a solo. This song reminds me of the good ol days of MTV, or roller skating parties at Pattison West in Auburn. Makes me happy, would be great on a 90's playlist. One Star.

Finally: Trust Company: I have this cd because of an ex-boyfriend. It is darker, it reminds me of the many times we broke up, when I was brokenhearted. But again, seriously guys, I am cut throat today... and this one is out too.

Midnight Coward: Stars: Well first off, I love Stars. They are the band I used to help tell my now husband that I was falling in love with him back when we were dating... I love how their music usually tells a really great story, be it sad or happy. Their voices together are just magical to my ears. Parts of this song remind me of the Beatles, and then I love how they slow it down... Two Stars. (ha!)

Hello: Oasis: I remember this being one of my sister's first cds, and sneaking to listen to it. I'd put this on a 90's mix, or a British Invasion playlist, except for that it isn't one of my favorite songs on the album so I am tempted to cut it...

Tourniquet: Evanescence:I have to give it to this gal, she's got a great voice. Unfortunately I don't care for this song and it is cut. I had gotten this CD in 2005 I think... and used it as a coping mechanism in 2006 when I was again heartbroken by the same ex-boyfriend as mentioned earlier in this post. This song is just too dark for me now.

Sorry that this post had more cuts than ratings! But, that's part of what this whole project is about... 


12 Songs in this Post

1 comment:

  1. So was it Panic At the Disco that had Nine in the Afternoon, because if so that might be other saving. Man, I listened to that and boom I was right back in our apartment rocking out with hairbrushes getting ready to go out in the summer.
    Liked Bulletproof, can't wait to listen to it next time I need pumping up.
    Uh, I think I'm still in the greys anatomy songs phase, I've got a couple dependable playlists that stemmed from that was brillant idea of yours. This is one that is pretty familiar, pandora & pretty sure I've got it in on my computer, but never noticed it name, etc.
    I like the Stars song, I think i've heard it before.


    P.S. I like cutthroat jenni : )

    ReplyDelete