Saturday, February 23, 2013

Honestly



Bouncing Off The Ceilings: A*Teens: Okay, wow. So, I think I have this CD because of my brother…who is 5 years younger than me, And a boy. We were young, and I don’t know how he got this cd or got into A*Teens at all… but it is great music to clean your room to(More like move things around and get stuck reminiscing about it), garden to, or weed whack… at least that’s what I use to do… how embarrassing! And yet, I still love it. I will be keeping this one, cause it just makes me happy! Crazy Teen Pop Playlist? One Star.

Crazy Little Thing Called Love: Michael BublĂ©: It’s fun, it’s bubbly, it’s a swing. My mom has been obsessed with me dancing to this song, mainly the Queen version, but both good! One Star, great for a ballroom playlist.

Hahahahahah!
Uh-huh: Munchausen By Proxy (Yes Man Soundtrack): Okay, well this song is pretty classic. One of my besties, Rachel, and I went and saw this movie like three times and laughed too hard each time. This song is great for any unseen breakup, perfect for the anger you feel and how you want to put him down and make him feel stupid. This helped my love for Zooey Deschanel, and I keep this song for anytime Rachel and I take another road trip, we will need this song. One Star.

Wide Eyes: Local Natives: Two Stars--already reviewed in another post...

Fire In The Water: Feist (Breaking Dawn Soundtrack): First off, I loved this movie. And the soundtrack was even better. That may have been the best part of the Twilight Series—the music. This song sounds like it’s on a tight rope, its high and light, and just seems to stay suspended in air. I’m giving this One Star, it won’t be one I listen to on its own, but with the soundtrack. And I’m okay with that.

Honestly: Cartel: I honestly don’t know how I got this song. I like it, I know all the words, and it is great for a punk rock play list. One Star.

Dead Wrong: The Fray: I normally like the sound of The Fray, But I’ve had this album for so long and never listened to it! I actually liked this song, all of the road type lyrics, I liked the sound. One Star.

Ready And Waiting To Fall: Mae: I remember being ready and waiting to fall—in love, with Mae, everyday. It is such a sweet song about being in love. I love it. Three Stars.

Love For All Seasons: Christina Aquilera: Nothin like some pop r&B… this song reminds me of being in 8th grade… and reading The Work And The Glory series. Don’t judge! I use to listen to this cd in my Walkman, on repeat while I read the books. It was the love song perfect for Lydia and Nathan. (How do I remember their names??!!) Anyway, I am hesitant to delete the song, but I don’t think I will ever play it on it’s own… I do like the concept of a love for all seasons, the way she talks about being your rain in the summer, sun in the winter, you’ll be the relief. For real for sure.

I Drive Myself Crazy: ‘N Sync: This song… oy… well the musicvideo is crazy, so that’s a start. Haha. I think this one gets cut, cause I work with crazy girls, and I don’t need silly boy band music telling me that some boy is being driven crazy by me… and it’s just slow and weird. CUT.

Track 9: You Lie: The Band Perry: It’s actually a fun song, I am not a big country gal, but I can see myself having a country playlist and enjoying this every once in awhile… And I enjoyed the music video! (even though her hair looks weird sometimes) One Star.

Punk Rock Princess: Something Corporate: Hello High School. This song is THE song on the punk rock playlist. Love it, it’s what we all wanted in high school, to be that punk rock princess. I know that for me, I kind of grew to like that I didn’t fit in, and that’s how I fit. At least in Junior High, I didn’t have a set lunch table, I would bounce from each group of friends and enjoy all of them. That’s what this song symbolizes for me. Haha… Two Stars.

What You Say: Sugar Cult: It’s funny to me how each day I do this, each playlist kind of takes a turn to become it’s own, and today it is a punk rock playlist. I like Sugarcult, but I don’t have any connection to this song. It kind of has a flat note to it, but I do like his voice… but, no connection = cut.

13 Songs in this Post

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love Zooey Deschanel. Her Christmas stuff is pretty good too. Do you watch New Girl? I've adopted that, although I'm pretty sure I've go it somewhere in my collection already, but you can't have enough of Zooey.

    Agreed, the twilight soundtrack exceeded expectations

    Oh man, I have the same association with Christina Aguilera. hahasnort!

    Added to my playlist:
    Wide Eyes
    Honestly- reminds me of summer music
    Ready and Waiting to Fall

    ReplyDelete