Thursday, February 13, 2014

Your Body is a Weapon

One of my new favorite songs is called Your Body is a Weapon by the Wombats. The music video is... something else. I do think it is clever with the words coming in at random times, and especially when it spells out solo when there's a solo... but it is weird. I love when he says his body is the Temple Of Doom, I just love it! Overall, 4 Stars.

I'm also really digging a little of a retro, rockabilly, ska type of sound....

The Blue Aces sing Velvet, and it is a sweet little song. I absolutely adore the line: I've been waiting for the sun to turn to blue, for a call from you. (3 Stars) One of their other songs, Tried To Warn You, (3 Stars) is cheeky and reminds me of These boots were made for walking.  I am really loving their sound, and they are a local band for me!

Metro, by the Vincent Black Shadow is a song that brings me back to when I loved Save Ferris so much! It is a fun and punchy song. I think I might think it is so fun since I work at a treatment center and the girls are always saying their drugs aren't working, when really they just don't want to be feeling the emotions they are feeling. 3 Stars

I can't get over how much I love the harmonica? in Timber, but Pitbull and Ke$ha. (2 Stars) Again, I am really into this retro sound, so I almost prefer this cover of the song by the Postmodern Jukebox. I absolutely love that clash of the hard and soft, hard lyrics of today with the softer sound of the 40s, I've always been into that.

Lies by Chvrches is a hypnotic song, whose beat will get stuck in my head all day. 2 Stars

I can't remember if I heard this song first or saw them play on SNL first, but either way I really enjoy The Wire, by Hiam, and I love how they filmed their music video! It's nice to see a strong woman and a sad pathetic man every so often, though sometimes they way they broke up with the guy was a little juvenile... either way, the music video is very clever! 3 Stars.

7 Songs Reviewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment