Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year

It may be cliche, but I looked up some songs with "New" in the title for this new year.

The New Year: Parachute: "What a way to start the new year" Well, I think a great way to start the new year is with good music! This song is pretty good, catchy, nice beat, and his voice is just clean and clear. 2 Stars. "This could be my year"

New Year's Eve: Nina Gordon: Oh this song it pretty good for when you're feeling down, when you have had plans fall through, or you're at a dance or party and you are expecting that special guy to show up so you keep glancing at the door... It's a good song, takes me back to those moments where you're in that big group but still feel alone. 3 Stars.

Together We'll Ring In the New Year: Motion City Soundtrack: Another song for when you're feeling down and forgotten, where you're wearing a mask and don't feel like you can be yourself around anyone. This song really takes me back to the dating scene, partially because I was introduced to this band by an ex-boyfriend, and how one of my roommates at the time and I would drive around and sing/scream this song... Especially the lines "Heads Up! Damage control, there's a ring around her finger, last chance for changing lanes and you missed it by a mile" We would then follow up this song with "I Hate Everyone" (I am excited to review that one! haha) 3 Stars

Brand New Day: Joshua Radin: Just a nice simple song about starting over, and how that can be OK. Maybe not great, but okay. 2 Stars.



Brand New Day: Dr. Horrible: Epic rocking rap love song, It is a great song, but doesn't really stand on it's own, I think this is better in Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog. <deleted>


New Day: Mêlée: I think this is one of the songs on a free CD one of my friends got, makes me think of road trips, long car rides, not my favorite of the CD, but still a good song. 1 Star.


Nothing New: Ashlee Simpson: A nice, good pop song. Reminds me of my first semester of college (when I bought the CD) cleaning my room, pretending to study... 1 Star.

Pastures New: Nickle Creek: I had that phase, I think summer of 2005 where I was really into the folksy music and loved the mandolin...  but now I am not feeling it. It does put me in a happy mood, it could be good for cleaning the house because it makes me want to move a little faster... but I won't be keeping it. <deleted>


The World Is New: Save Ferris: Oh the days of Ska! Are you still alive? Do people still listen to you? It makes me want to jump up off the couch and do the typical ska dance, or watch 10 Things I Hate About You (they aren't in the movie, but there is a similar band in the movie). Another nice simple song, great instruments in the background. 2 Stars.

(9 songs reviewed)

No comments:

Post a Comment