Monday, June 17, 2013

Connect the Dots

Dan and Marie Melody: Sondre Lerche: Dan In Real Life Soundtrack: I should probably just rate all of the songs in this soundtrack together... but I won't. It's a good soundtrack and mostly done all by Sondre, this is a short little song, One star, keeping it with the soundtrack.

Klimbim: Don Ross: This is from a dance show soundtrack, BYU-Idaho Collegiate showcase 2008. It's actually not a bad song, good for background music when you're studying or cleaning, you know how sometimes you need a break from singing and you just need a song to listen to while you're getting nostalgic looking through old photos when you're suppose to be cleaning? Yeah. And I found out the name of this song through using SoundHound, it was free and I basically don't get an app if it isn't free. Haha. One Star.

Another Dumb Blonde: Hoku: Oh Disney channel, you were so good at introducing me to some crazy stuff... This is just a classic song that I won't part with. Especially since I've been a blonde for a long time. The music video is just... perfect. The dancing... so terrible!  One Star, and I am really only keeping this one cause it is funny... and funny that I know all the words. This one goes into the Cheesy Girlie Mix.

Connect the Dots: The Spill Canvas: This song is actually kind of seductive. Makes me think of the movie Serendipity, where she has freckles on her arm in the shape of Cassiopeia, and he traces them, connecting the dots. Two Stars.

Phantom Limb: The Shins: I definitely through myself into loving this band because of a guy I dated. I also did like a song they had on the Garden State Soundtrack. And I liked that it was a band my brother also liked, not a common thing for him and me to have similar music tastes. The music isn't bad, I sing along a little, The question is now, do I have any connection? Its smooth and makes me think it would be a good beach tune. One Star.

Cough Syrup: Young the Giant: I don't know what it is about this song that just draws me in, but I love it! It's easy to sing along to. The music video has a lot of elements I really like, the Rorschach fish tank, the speakers with water, the glitter, those swimsuits, the water balloons and tennis rackets and baseball bats! I appreciate the creativity. Three Stars.

Forever: Vertical Horizon: I loved their first album, listened to it religiously almost. And I never took the time or got the chance or something, to do that with this album, I don't recall when I got this one, but I still haven't heard all the songs. This song is sweet, I really like the chorus. One Star.

Waltz #2: Elliot Smith: It's a waltz, and you don't hear many songs like that outside of the ballroom. I like it, its a little sad, a little romantic... Two stars.

Something: The Beatles: this is a slow and sultry type song. Harrison and I really enjoyed this part of the Cirque du Solei LOVE show. Two Stars. (not my favorite, but I do like it.)

At Last: Etta James: Soulful, sultry, classic. It's a great song, incredible vocals, and I have listed it under my Dancing in the kitchen playlist, also a good ballroom song. Three Stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment