Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Hey Stranger

Eyes on Fire: Blue Foundation: Twilight Soundtrack: This song takes me right to the movie, I feel the dark greys, deep greens, and a little red come up around me. It's not really a song I see myself turning to on it's own, but I think it is one I will keep, One star.

Whisper: Evanescence: As soon as this song started I thought, I bet I will delete this one. Evanescence was such a phase of my life... tied to an ex-boyfriend and overall I just don't love how dark their music is to me now.  Her voice is beautiful, I don't argue that. And overall I think this song is a lot lighter than some of her stuff... but I just don't feel like I need to keep it.

Lock Your Heart Down: Churchill: ahhhh! One of my new favorites! It's just fresh and clean and happy, so sweet. It's so easy to sing along to, kind of a kitchen dancing slow song, but a little more country and upbeat, it just makes me happy. Four Stars.

Too Slow To Ride: Nina Gordon: I really do enjoy this whole album by Nina, it takes me back to high school, to reading the Fearless series. It is a lonesome song, I can see myself turning to this when I am feeling sad or moody and need something good to sing along to (if Mandy isn't cutting it ya know...) Three Stars.

Let's Dance: Vanessa Hudgens: Another song that I don't know how I got. No, I am not embarrassed and saying oh how did I get this! but, honest, do not know where it came from. It is kind of fun, but it seems to be a little too much whispering, like I am waiting for it to pop... but it is staying a little subdued. One Star... could be good on a workout mix or as a warmup song for dancing.

Hey Stranger: Mêlée: I like this guy's voice. I learned of this band based off a CD my friend Sarah got from our community college, the song was called Francesca, and I decided to buy this whole cd based off of liking that song. It's a pretty easy song, good for a road trip, Two stars. Oh yeah, it kind of stops and then has a trailing ending... don't totally love that part of it.

Reflections: Mae: This is one of my favorite bands, and mark my words, I will one day name a child with the name Mae. This song is a little slower, but I still like it. I really like the line, "tonight I'll wake up twice and both times find your gone" I like the idea of reflections. Two Stars.

Wait: Get Set Go: This is one from my Grey's Anatomy collection. Kind of a cute and simple song, makes me think of this guy I was obsessed with, Devo, and wanting to run over to his place and like in She's The Man, kiss him, kiss the crap out of him, but I waited. And waited. And he never kissed me, and he was gone. (Which ended up being just fine as I married an incredible man.) One Star.

Cold War Transmissions: Anberlin: I can't tell you how many times I played this on the overnight bus we had to take in Russia one night... One of my favorites, obviously a good road trip song... haha Three stars.

Here We Go: Joshua Radin: Well I got really into Joshua Radin the summer of 2011. My love for a man named "George" turned me to Joshua, and I was almost religious in my listening to him... haha Now, this does not mean I love all his stuff. Luckily I do enjoy this one, it seems like the kind of a song a movie that a couple had a difficult patch would end with. One Star.

 Beginning After The End: Stars: This is actually just an instrumental to start off the CD. It's a nice little instrumental though. With just a little talking at the tail end of the song.  One Star.


11 Songs rated in this post

No comments:

Post a Comment