Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Richard's Playlist

One of my friends on facebook has sent out a call for a road trip playlist, and I thought to myself... I might as well write one for him here on my blog! I will try to use all songs from my personal collection, but I might deviate too. So, without further ado, Here is the list of song types he wanted and my responses.

1. Song that makes you think of a National Park:  first song that comes to mind is Biggest Ball of Twine, I do not have this song in my collection. It isn't so much about a National Park as it is about a tourist attraction... but similar! Songs in my collection... I would choose Saturday In the Park by Chicago.

2. Song from your Birth Year: First song I think of is Walking on Sunshine, but I actually can't stand it! My mom said it always reminds her of me... and yet, I do not like the song. Rock Me Amadeus by Falco would be my pick, or from my collection I'd say Take My Breath Away by Berlin.

3. and: Well, I can't decide if this is a typo or not... but lets think of a song with AND in the title. AND If My Heart Should Somehow Stop by James Vincent McMorrow, maybe its not the best road trip fast paced song... but a beautiful song. I think I listened to this song a million times the summer of 2011.  Bennie AND the Jets, Elton John or I would go with Saints AND Sailors, by Dashboard Confessional... though, I have heard on a good playlist you never have the same artist twice, and they are in my next pick...

4. Same song by TWO different artists: Screaming Infidelities by Dashboard Confessional and Joanna. I LOVE her rendition, and it is a classic song, for the 2000's at least.

5. Song of Summer: Crush by Jennifer Paige, No Sleep Tonight by the Faders.

6. A Duet: Come What May by Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman. Beautiful. I also think of You're So Vain, originally by Carly Simon, but I am thinking of the version from How To Lose A Guy in Ten Days with Kate Hudson and Matthew
McConaugheyCome Along by Cee Lo Green and Vicci Martinez.
7. A Friendship Song: Don't Let Your Enemies become Friends by The Spill Canvas, You're my Best Friend by Queen, or Tell All My Friends I'm Dead by New Found Glory

8. Song w/ a Color: Too obvious, Yellow by Coldplay or Dark Blue by Jack's Mannequin. 


9. Song that reminds you of Richard Templeman: I Think I Love You by David Cassidy, in 10th grade Richard and I were in the film class together, and we paired up to make a music video, and we chose this song, though I think we had a different version of it? Either way, it makes me think of Richard and our one day romance... ahh...

10. Song that reminds you of Kelly Tolley: Well, I don't even know this girl cause Richard met her sometime after we had move apart... but the song Legs by ZZ Top keeps coming to my mind... 


11. A Song about Working: All The Small Things by Blink 182, "work sucks! Carry me home..."


12. A song about Vacation: Miami by Will Smith. DUH.


13. Favorite Disney Song: Won't Say I'm In Love by Meg from Hurcules or anything from Tangled.


14. A Medley (aka Mash Up):  Not My Name and Hey Mickey


15. Favorite Broadway Song: SISTERS White Christmas!


16. Favorite TV Show theme Song: Here With Me by Dido, theme song from Roswell. FAVORITE.


17. Traveling Song:
Daisy Cutter or India Ink by 311, not so much songs about vacation, but they make me think of road trips.

18. A Jewish Song: Rich Girl by Gwen Stefani


19. A Grunge or Hipster Song: Elevator Love Letter by Stars


20 A PRIDE Song: Waka Waka by Shakira I don't know why this one makes me think so much of Pride, but it does... Or Wave Your Flag by K'naan

No comments:

Post a Comment