Friday, May 24, 2013

Midnight Bottle

Midnight Bottle: Colbie Caillat: Speaking of Midnight Bottles, I've found a smoothie that helps me sleep deep and through the night! It's delicious! 1/4 c frozen cherries, 1 c almond milk, 1 TBSP peanut butter, splash of vanilla, half a banana, ice cubes, and I add some flax and chia seeds for fun. And sometimes some cocoa powder to make it chocolatey! And it totally helps me to sleep well. Back to the song...It's a fairly light and breezy song, a good rumba, makes me want to be in a hotel room on the beach with the wind blowing through the curtains. One Star.

Payphone: Maroon 5: First off, this song shouldn't really be about payphones cause I never see any anymore... but anyway. It's a catchy and pop song, the Husband loves it so I'll keep it (though I like it too) One Star.

Die Alone: Ingrid Michaelson: It might be my copy of the song, but it is a tinny sounding copy... but I kind of like it. It works with the song to be that way. It;s a good song for a commute, when the sun is shining and you're enjoying the day. One Star. 

To The Moon & Back: Savage Garden: Savage Garden was such a futuristic yet perfectly contemporary band. I'm a little sad they are no longer a band... but I am also okay with it. I can't entirely decide what I think of this song.. I know every word, but it isn't quite a good pump up song, I don't think it has enough to stay on as a road trip song because it isn't as well known... well, when it doubt, throw it out!

Girl America: Mat Kearney: once it started I said, gone. I'm not much a fan of talk-singing. And then there are some drug references, tossed.

Ladies' Choice: Mandy Moore: Ahh I love Mandy! This is a great tune. reviewed here.  Three Stars.

Spin Around: Josie and the Pussycats: I think my mom bought this cd, and I had seen the movie once and it was terrible and mediocre but the music was fun... it was a good road trip CD in college! One Star.

Will You Still Find Me: Aereogramme: It's a smooth and flowing song, one that makes you forget how time moves. I was able to find the song on youtube.  It's such a watery song, One Star.

Staple it together: Jack Johnson: It's a fun little number, easy going, good for doing the dishes to. One Star.

9 Songs reviewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment