Friday, April 26, 2013

Saturday In The Park

Don't Leave Me: All American Rejects: I enjoy songs that have a little bit of counting and rhyming off of it. This song reminds me of high school and college, road trips and boys. One Star

Do It: Spice Girls: Well I like the Spice Girls... but this song... it doesn't really have anything for me.

I Got You: Train: It's funny, for some reason I had HATED Train for forever! Then I stopped. But that doesn't mean I love all of their songs.. This song is basically a remix of Black Water by the Doobie Brothers. It's a fine song, it's sunny and warm, but I am not loving it. (and I know my husband has it)

Running on Sunshine: Jesus Jackson: Talking about a sunny and warm song! This is a groovy song that makes you want to dance (at least me...) I like the slide on whatever instrument that is... and it is a fun song. Three Stars



Audrey, Start The Revolution: Anberlin: I really like this band! I like the hard way the instruments are played, and then it is soft... This song is really just a love song. Two Stars.

Mother Mother: The Veronicas: I don't recall listening to this song much when I got the CD... and it doesn't connect to me. 

Gold: Owl City: My husband loves Owl City, so I think I got this from him... I like Owl City because one of my nephew's favorite songs was Fireflies and I thought it was adorable how he loved it so much. This song is actually pretty sweet. One Star.

Golden Years: David Bowie: I got this song because I loved it in A Knight's Tale, it's cooky, funky, and fun. One Star.

You Got What I Need: Joshua Radin: Ahh the summer of 2011... magical romances of what could not be... This is a good kitchen dancing song, takes me back to 2007 when I did an internship at a dance studio and me and the other intern would close the studio, turn off the lights and turn the music up... Four Stars.

Crash Course: Spill Canvas: Oh my goodness! I love this song! It's upbeat and fun, it is summer in a song, just fun and sweet, the lyrics are really cute. "Collision unavoidable" Perfect for love.  Four Stars.

Waiting: The Rocket Summer: I don't know how I got this song, but it seems light and cute, his voice is slightly whiny, but I am enjoying the song... One star.

Evidence: Jimmy Eat World: Haven't listened to this song much since I got the CD, well actually haven't listened to Jimmy since I got the cd... It's always good stuff, I guess I just have to be in the mood for it which isn't too often... This seems to be a good song. One Star. 

He's Not A Boy: The Like: This song is spunky and fun, so I got the whole CD... should have just stuck with this song, I really like the retro feel of this one, the music video is just a party. One Star.

Saturday In The Park: Chicago: This is one of my mom's favorite songs, I think I got it one time for a road trip I knew she and I would be taking. It is another fresh and light song, talking of good times and it's just cute. Three Stars.

Pressed in a Book: The Shins: I am conflicted here. This song is kind of fun, but I don't entirely love this band due to an ex-boyfriend who did love them. One Star...

The Forecast: Jason Mraz: I was skeptical when this one came up cause I am not the biggest fan of Mr. AZ... but I enjoy this one. I like all of the talk of the weather (this should have been in my Rain playlist!) It's a light and breezy song, makes me think of sitting in a coffee shop while reading, just content to pass time. Two Stars.


16 Songs Reviewed


No comments:

Post a Comment