Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Waiting

The End. My Chemical Romance: This song starts off kind of country and off, but then turns on the rock-opera. I think it works best when played with the cd, I keep it for that. One Star.

Track 14: David's Salsa Mix CD: I think it is Selena. It's all in Spanish so I don't really know how to search for it, but I think I will keep it for my ballroom playlist cause it is a fun song to Salsa to. One Star.

Have You Got It In You?: Imogen Heap: I think this is a song titled for Gatorade. This is typically a song that I skip when it is on random, I just don't have much of a connection to it. I have a difficult time wanting to cut it, just because I like Imogen... but I cut it because it doesn't do anything for me.

I'm Kissing You: Des'ree (Romeo + Juliet Soundtrack): I love this song. It is intoxicating, it is deep, soulful... I love the piano, how the song picks up and almost seems rushed, like you're sneaking around with your love, trying not to get caught. Three Stars.

Fly Me To The Moon: Frank Sinatra: A lovely Foxtrot, a light song full of love and happiness. It's so classic and makes you tap your foot... Two Stars.

Star Mile: Joshua Radin: I became really connected to this song in 2007.  When I heard it, and it talked about the "gold dust in her eyes" I was reminded of a nick name I had gotten years before from a friend, it was Diamond Eyes, I was hooked. I liked how it talked about a girl who had been hurt, but could move on without that man. In 2007 I had had a rough breakup, so this song was really relatable. I give it Two Star miles.

Cut: Jimmy Eat World: I feel like with their cd Invented, they tried to re-invent themselves, it seems to be a little bit darker than their earlier stuff, not as mainstream and happy. I do like this song, it has a good beat and feel to it. You don't really realize its a 5 minute long song. One Star.

Maria: Ricky Martin: Well Let me tell you... this song is what inspired me to start ballroom dancing! It will stay in my ballroom playlist under Samba, and it is just a fun song that makes me happy and takes me back to my Pacific Ballroom Dance days... Uno, Dos, Tres stars!

Details in the Fabric: Jason Mraz: Starting off I am bored of the song... Once Jason starts singing I am a little more interested... I can see it being a good song. I kind of like where the lyrics are going... but I don't feel compelled to keep it. It's just a little off for me, missing something...

Waiting: Mae: Oh I am glad we end with Mae today! It is a sunny day outside, and while it isn't quite warm yet, I am still waiting! It makes me think of the days of elementary summer and love. Maybe even more junior high... I don't know if I can quite explain what I love about this song, but it is a go to for me. It's easy to sing along to, a little bit of an upset tone in his voice, upset that he is always waiting, that it is never you. I just love it. Four Stars!



1 comment:

  1. Wow, Maria takes me back to dance competitions in high school. It's one of those songs that, when it came out, everyone wanted to use. Like mambo #5!

    ReplyDelete