Thursday, February 28, 2013

I Won't Give Up

Track 15: Random Techno song from a cd burned by David Baughman to me entitled Jenni 2.0 from 2001... I can't search any words for there are none... I don't normally listen to techno and have no love for this song, so I cut it without any feelings...

The Light: Sara Bareilles: This is actually a light and sweet song, peaceful and calming. One Star.

How Many Times, How Many Lies: PussyCat Dolls: As this came on I thought, should I do with this cd like I did Will Smith? Well, I decided no. At least not right now. I found this song to be kind of fun and slinky, I am not keeping it, but I could see it being on a Girl Power type playlist. They do have good voices.

I Won't Give Up: Jason Mraz: When I hear this song now, I am so glad Harrison and I did not choose it for our wedding song. It got overplayed. It is a nice song, and I really loved it last year and it honestly was a contender for us. As far as love songs go, this one does kind of confuse me, are they already married five, ten years and having a rough patch? Is it just a "in case you need your space" in the future kind or song? I don't know. But I do like that he won't give up, Two Stars.

Young Folks: Peter Bjorn and John: from Grey's Anatomy: This song makes me want to whistle. Their voices though... I love it. I can't quite describe what it is about her voice that I like, that she doesn't seem to be trying at all... it's slightly flat? I don't know, but I love it. Two Stars.

Sacrifice: Elton John: I know what you might be thinking... Is this girl crazy?! Well, I might be, but let's stick to music mmk? There's something about Elton that I just love. Maybe I love him to be different and have that set me apart, having someone like him be one of my favorite artists. Maybe it is just that he has a good voice, a fun personality, and a flamboyant sense of style. There's something so 70's/80's about him, that keeps me coming back for more. This isn't one of my favorites by him, its a little slow and not as magical for me as others... but I still love it. I will keep it for those times you just need some Elton in your car. One Star.

Bulletproof Heart: My Chemical Romance: A kind of Rockopera... I like it. I haven't quite followed the story of this song, but I think I want to keep it for the effect of the whole cd. I do like their sound, I think it is a little typical and also a little unexpected and different. This song ends with a little alien like sound and I just like it. One Star.

The Phantom Of The Opera: Well speaking of Operas! Confession time... this is one song I love to sing in my car. I love to try to sing along at the end and belt out all of those notes... But I can only do this ALONE! Why? Because sometimes my voice cracks and I can't have anyone around to know that this happens! It is too embarrassing to do in front of others. Also confession: and apology. Sorry Katie, roommate in 2006... sorry you had to hear me and Tish sing this ALL. THE. TIME. We were young and impressionable and it was fun... I'll keep it, but it doesn't get much air time... Still a great song so Two Stars.

Family Theme: Sondre Lerche: Dan In Real Life Soundtrack: This is a good movie. I didn't appreciate it the first time through, but having multiple friends having it as one of their favorites I gave it another try, and loved it and the soundtrack... so good. I just like it. I feel like this is light and what real life soundtracks would sound like... Two Stars. cause it is too short!!

Polygraph, Right Now: Spill Canvas: First off, I love this band. Also, Tish from 2006 introduced me to them. I love their angst, they have a good beat, and I love singing along to them always. This song is good when you're angry and feeling ignored, especially by the opposite sex --when you're dating Especially!! This was most applicable to my life in 2007, when I really thought this guy "Dave" and I were really clicking and should date... but he was basically using me and kept playing me.  This song fueled me on some runs, Three Stars.

So, an update, I think I have kept about 80 and reviewed 111 songs so far!! I am also down to about 3,924 songs-- I tried to go through and delete duplicates. Kind of exciting to see what I've done so far!
 I am really enjoying this, I won't give up.


10 Songs in this Post

No comments:

Post a Comment