Sunday, March 24, 2013

Nightingale

Somebody to Love: Queen: just a classic rock-opera song. We've all had those times in our lives, looking for someone to love, to share with, it's just so applicable to everyone! 3 stars. It reminds me of this... and makes me smile.

Cubism Dream: Local Natives: Already reviewed, 2 stars.

Addicted: Kelly Clarkson: I remember my 2nd year of college, I was dating a guy who had recently disclosed to me that he was addicted to drugs and alcohol, (I never thought I'd be in a situation like that) I remember listening to this whole CD by Kelly religiously, and I wrote him a letter explaining how each of these songs related to our situation. While he was addicted to substances, I was addicted to him. This song has a haunting quality to it, I still like Kelly overall, but I don't think I need this song anymore.

Brand New Day: Joshua Radin: this song is light, like spring, hopeful and breezy. It makes you want to step outside and take a deep breath in of warmth and sunlight in the air... 3 stars. The music video is fun too!

Angry Situation: Save Ferris: I remember using this song in a video me and my friends in High school, Alyssa and Richard, made for our video production class. It's a fun ska song, but more dark than most ska... and more dark than I am feeling now...

Don't Push Love Away: Juliana Theory: This is a song that you can cry to sometimes... it gives you permission! "She's crying..." I like the blend of all the instruments in here. 2 stars.

Rolling In On a Burning Tire: The Dead Weather: Breaking Dawn Part 2 Soundtrack: This song is dark but enticing... it's smoldering, rich, and also curious. I don't think this is one I will come to on it's own, but I like it with the soundtrack. One Star.

Something I Never Had: Lindsay Lohan: I actually like this one... I can see it being a Viennese Waltz where the partnerships keep changing and no one ends with who they started with... One Star.

Nightingale: Norah Jones:This song is so light and smooth, like a breeze through sheer curtains... a lullaby.  Three Stars.

Satellites: Doves: This song is crazy awesome in headphones! It sounds weightless and makes you feel like you're in outer space, and like the song is just out of reach... Thank you Ben for introducing this song to me in our Frozen Lakes era (2005), I feel like I should find more stuff from them now! Three stars.

10 Songs reviewed in this Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment