Saturday, March 30, 2013

So Stylistic!

Oh My Love: Inara George: Her voice is so crisp, clear and a little bit retro. It's a slow and sweet little song... from Grey's Anatomy, but I didn't feel a connection to keep it... I might look for some more music by her because I enjoy her sound.

Words Cannot Describe: Mirah: This is a fun little song about love that has a pitter patter sound to it. It's such a short little song too, with a little bit of flute. Two Stars. (goes in my kitchen dancing mix)

Once Upon a December: Liz Callaway, Anastasia Soundtrack: First off, I adore this movie--though it does get a little chaotic and crazy! I had always enjoyed it, but when I went to Russia I loved it even more! Its a good little Viennese Waltz (though overdone...) It really does conjure up some images in my mind when it is playing, and her voice is pretty enjoyable. Two Stars.

Track 4: Tango Mix: I don't know if I will be able to find the name of this one, but it is kind of an electronic song with Tango beats and some Argentine sounds... it is fun and I will keep it for my ballroom playlist, It made me start tapping my toes and itching to go out dancing... hope the Husband doesn't mind!! Oh, Turns out, it is a version of Whatever Lola Wants! Here is a clip of someone dancing to it... Two Stars

So Stylistic!: FannyPack: Okay, this song is silly and awesome and so much fun. I like to play this on roadtrips and use that time to try to learn all the lyrics. I think the work Stylistic is so great! (Thanks Ben, I still like this one) It's an electronic rap by two girls from Brooklyn, they really are stylistic! I'll just give it One Star though, It doesn't get much playtime...

Awake: Josh Groban: First, this is a live concert edition... which I am not naturally as interested in unless I had been there. Second, I had really enjoyed Josh when he first came out, and he is very talented... but I remember my mom getting me the CD and I hadn't asked, so I never actually listened to it, cause you know how you do the pre-listen, trying to hear what parts of songs you are interested in, but there weren't any so I never listened... So, listening to it now, it is a pretty good song... but the cheering crowd in the background is annoying to me. So, I am thinking I might delete this whole CD.

Love Shack: B52's: This is only an obvious song that most everyone will have. It's a fun party song! One Star. (cause its fun but always gets annoying. Is it really 5 minutes long??!)

Reclusion: Anberlin: this has a fun electronic opening then it rocks out. I love Anberlin, especially for road trips cause the music is easy to sing along to. The chorus of this song is haunting--Sins like Skeletons are so very hard to hide...  I think this is usually a pretty good song for running too, has a good beat that can help pump you up.Two Stars.

Sweet Home Alabama: Lynyrd Skynyrd: Such a classic song, a good country dancin' song. Also great for road trips! Three Stars.

Universe and U: KT Tunstall: Its a smooth song, kind of a lullaby. It's a good song, but no connection.

Killer Queen: Queen: Classic, makes you sing along and just feel great! Another great one for road trips. Three Stars.



11 songs in this post

No comments:

Post a Comment