Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Dark Blue

Dark Blue: Jack's Mannequin: How long have I known, and loved this song... and not seen the music video!?? Too Long, and to be specific, 6 years. (really???) The video confirmed my desire to participate in a danceathon some time... reminded me of summer romance, and made me happy... then melancholy at the end. I like this song because it is happy sounding, but with an undertone of sadness. Three Stars.

Mistake Pageant: Idlewild: Ahh Scotland!  You've done well with this band. I enjoy their sound, they are a little rock and roll, a little indie. I enjoy their lyrics, and the way they layer their sound.  My dear friend Ben introduced me to them in 2005. I rushed out and bought their cd but haven't gone to them too often, and I haven't kept up with them. Two Stars.

The Last Time: Bread: I pride myself on being eclectic, and I actually love Bread. They are the ones who sang the song "Aubrey" for which my sister is named after... but I love this 70s band, with their light feel and heartfelt lyrics. This song is more about them being hurt and giving you one last chance. This album just makes me think of road trips as a kid, it brings back sunshine and happiness. Overall, I think just One Star for this song...

Tailor Made: Colbie Caillat: It's soft and light, seems like a song for spring cleaning, One Star.

Screaming Infidelities: Joanna: I LOVE this cover from Dashboard Confessional.  It is intoxicating to me, speaks to me soul, and is PERFECT for that road trip and when you've been heartbroken. Five Stars.

Good Woman: Cat Power: I like this song. For when you're feeling sad and low, when you're not sure of yourself. I don't entirely love the little kids in it, but at the same time I do. It's kind of a haunting song, but I still need it. Two Stars.

Eclipse (All Yours): Metric: Twilight Soundtrack: I like this one, it has a good flow to it. Its a little slow, it's kind of an empowering love song. Three Stars.

I Knew You Were Trouble: Taylor Swift:  Yeah yeah, whatever... Judge me all you want! This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. I enjoy this songs. It's punchy and fun... unfortunately I LOVE this version a lot more...  Two Stars.

Over My Head: The Fray: I always enjoy their songs... but listening now I am wondering how whiny this song sounds... But I am still liking the song, its easy to sing along to, reminds me of Grey's Anatomy (Though I don't think this song is ever on it...) One Star. The music video is kind of fun too.

Depraved: Anberlin: I love this band, but I don't know if I have ever heard this song? It's a little dark, and I still like their voices and the sound, but I am trying to decide if it is darker than I want from them. I am conflicted, not sure if I want to delete it... but I know I have a lot of songs by them that I do love so I won't be losing much by deleting one song... For me the audience seems to be an angry teen who is upset at the world.. someone tell me I'm wrong?

(Technically we made a whole post without cutting a song! If only I could decide about that last one...)  Ten Songs in this Post

No comments:

Post a Comment