Monday, January 7, 2013

All I Need

Summer 2011. AWOLNATION. I think I had heard one of their songs on the radio earlier in the year and maybe got a free song download? I don't recall.. but I remember I had to have their CD and then I bought concert tickets and went with a friend in Portland! They are so great live... more on that later...

Megalithic Symphony: Mainly instrumental, an interesting way to open a CD. Not something I've kept on my playlist because it is short and meaningless to me.

Some Sort of Creature: Weird little story about some sort of creature and it really did not blow my mind so I took it off my itunes.

Soul Wars: I think this is a great song for running! It is upbeat and has a little bit of angst in it to help keep you motivated while you're running

People: Meh. I am not too connected to this song. It is a fun tune, I guess I mostly don't like how the song starts off, but the chorus is catchy and I enjoy the "hoo hah" and drop out of sound.

Jump On My Shoulders: This is one of my favorites. It's a little slower but not... It is like a Robin Hood themed song, the music is great and I enjoy the slides.

Burn It Down: Such a great pump you up song! I remember listening to it in the summer of 2012 when the Mountains in Utah were burning and I felt slightly bad... but I was really rocking out to it and loving it. I love to pump my fist in the air to this song.

Guilty Filthy Soul: Not my favorite track, but it is catchy and fun. I like the sounds in this one, especially the effect they use around 3:00

Kill Your Heroes: This is a very catchy song and I really enjoy it. I think it is talking about living a little more in the moment.  I looked up the music video and was a little surprised yet humored.

My Nightmare's Dream: deleted.. I thought it was weird and unnecessary. Also placed in a weird spot...

Sail: Intoxicating. There is something about how they drop that beat that reverberates, how angry he is in the song and how addicting it is.

Wake Up: I've never thought that losing my mind would sound so enticing!

Not Your Fault: It's just nananana.... lovely song. That said, I do not approve that he yells at someone, especially when it's not their fault.

All I Need: This song reminds me of holding hands. When we were at the concert there was a couple who got engaged right before this song! We hadn't know that this band was big enough to have the following of that couple, but they did and that couple wanted to get engaged at their concert. So there was some slow dancing and it was a romantic moment.

Knights of Shame: This is one of my favorite songs because it is every type of song! Its not a song that pumps you up from the start, but it is fun! I am a Robot. And the ending, it is beautiful and kind of chaotic... but I love it.

Swinging From The Castles: I was expecting a more epic and dramatic ending to the album, but it was an okay song. I like the idea of swinging from a castle, I love castles! I guess swinging from a chandelier is a little more the idea I have in my head.

Overall: I really enjoyed this album last summer, I thought it was great music to get me pumped up and good for driving. I took  Megalithic Symphony, Some Sort of Creature, and My Nightmare's Dream off of my iTunes so they don't interrupt my flow of the music.

Buy the album here


No comments:

Post a Comment