Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmas Music Review 3

Last year Harrison and I got the CeeLo Green Christmas album, Magic Moment. It is unexpected and pretty fun!

1. What Christmas Means To Me: This song makes me want to dance "The Carlton" because of its beat. Makes me snap my fingers and sway side to side. This song seems to list a lot of different things someone might do to help it feel like Christmas, those things that if they don't happen you notice and it makes a difference. 4 Stars! He does kind of go crazy towards the end, but it is too fun.

2. Baby It's Cold Outside--featuring Christina Aguilera: I think this is the first version of this song I think is not creepy! I like their voices together. I wish they had made a music video to this song because I can picture it in my head and I love it. Christina gets a 5 on this song, her voice is so smooth like some perfectly hot chocolate and her voice also has that retro quality. I like what they've done with the background music... 5 Stars!! 

3. This Christmas: This is a solid song, but not my favorite on the album. I like the chorus better because that's when he is belting it out, and I like that. 2 Stars.

4. The Christmas Song: This song is a total R&B song, this song is a miss for me. I don't think I care much for this song to begin with, and there isn't anything that makes it different enough to catch my attention. 1 Star.

5. White Christmas: What sets this song apart from others, is the key change within the song. It isn't anything too special to me, but it is done nicely. 2 Stars.

6. All I Need Is Love--featuring The Muppets: This is a silly and fun new song. I mean, it's the Muppets and Cee Lo having a Christmas party, what else can be said about this song! 3 Stars.

7.  You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch: I am not a big fan of this song to begin with, but this is a fun little a capella version, with the background singers making the beats with their voices, which adds a nice creative flair and makes it pop. 2 Stars.

8. Please Come Home For Christmas: I think Cee Lo's voice in this song is like gravy, thick and delicious. He does a good job on this song, though he doesn't do much to change it. 3 Stars.

9. Run Rudolph Run: A pretty typical version of the song, plus a gospel choir. 2 Stars.

10. All I Want For Christmas: I feel like this song is redundant, because he has a song about All he Needs (is love) so... now to say all he wants is you... well, whatever.  This is not an attempt of Mariah, but he puts his own spin on it, and it works. 3 Stars.

11. Mary Did You Know: Not many people seem to attempt this song, but Cee Lo does a great job. I like how he slowly builds up his volume, it's a smooth and mesmerizing song. 4 Stars. I don't love too much the slower songs, but he really does a great job with this one.

12. River: This is mainly a song about Christmas, but not a Christmas-y tune. Not a favorite...It seems to drag on a little bit for me. 1 Star.

13. Merry Christmas, Baby--featuring Rod Stewart: Now, I don't know why, but I have never cared much for Rod Stewart, then there is a weird synthesizer in the background... and I am not loving this one. 1 Star. (Though it probably deserves two...)

14. Silent Night: Classic song, and Cee Lo does a nice job and adds a little twist. 3 Stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment