Monday, February 4, 2013

Change

It has been suggested that I mention current music and I into right now... and I have been stalking the song Change by Churchill.
Stalking you say?
Well, I had heard it awhile ago and I tried to use the SoundHound app, but it didn't recognize the song. Finally it has become big enough that the radio station mentions who it is and I finally found it.

So, I looked up the music video and I think it is genious!!

First off, the lead singer, she is gorgeous. I like the idea behind this music video, where she is just singing her heart out and changing, and she ends shattered. Its so true! You have to be yourself.

There was also this music video, which I had seen before when I had googled the lyrics of the song to try to find it.. but I wasn't as enthralled. The video is kind of cool, makes me think of my choir teacher in junior high who would LARP (Live Action Role Play, like you're in the middle ages and are battling people...) on the weekends and teach choir during the week... so he had his professional life, and he had his activities he would do outside of work that stayed true to who he was.

One of my other favorite things about this band, is that even live they sound just as good!  I think she is down to earth and I love her voice... there is something so captivating about it.


I think that this is a band to be watching, they're melodic and smooth, indie-folky and I like them.

Buy their EP here 

Songs on the EP:
Change
I Am Yours
Ark In A Flood
Made A List
Sing Out Your Love


2 comments:

  1. Oooh thank you so much music guru. I loved that. I love her look, so versatile. I just set up a pandora station around that song, so good things to come. Nice. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I had a criminal law professor, very serious, who looked just like that rollerskate guy.

    ReplyDelete