Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Hardest Thing

It was 1998.

The Battle of Backstreet Boys and Nsync.

How could I choose?

Well, I'll tell you.

This was the time in my life when I didn't want to conform. So, I went with 98*. Naturally.

I do remember that this was one of the first cds I bought on my own, with the 10 Things I Hate About You Soundtrack. (obviously)

Intro: Later on in life when I would listen to this CD I would get really nervous while driving and listening to the first track... It sure sounds like cops are coming up behind you... I deleted that.

Heat It Up: Once the song started playing I had a moment of embarrassment, I wasn't sure I wanted to continue doing this review! I started laughing. Oh 1998... It makes me want to dance like Kevin James as Albert Brennaman form Hitch. (before Will teaches him) I can't quite find a reason to keep this song... But I do want to love you to the 98th degree. I'll heat it up, are you down? (I think those are the ONLY words in the song)

If She Only Knew: Okay, this song makes me feel like I'm 14 again, thinking it is such a beautiful love song... But really it is about a guy who messed up and if she only knew she'd want to slap him and not take him back. But with all of those harmonies... how could she say no? And who is that man who has such a low voice!?

I Do (Cherish You): I think this was my song with my boyfriend in 8th grade... but I can't be sure. Either way, this is an actual good love song. It goes to the depths of his soul!

Fly With Me: I kind of still dig this one. What girl doesn't want to be whisked away to a place she doesn't know? I know I do! Today even my husband texts me saying, how long in advance do you need to schedule time off? He said he found a little trip on living social or something, and that he would only tell me dates. He won't tell me anything else about it, and I kind of love that!I have been noticing that their songs typically go long...

Still: I don't remember ever hearing this song.

....
True To Your Heart: I remember enjoying this song because it was also on Mulan and I thought it was fun.
...
She's Out Of My Life: they do a really good a cappella.

Overall: I couldn't finish this review. I still claim to choose 98 over Nsync and Backstreet Boys, I loved that Drew Lachey was on Dancing With The Stars, but I just can't... finish... this review...


No comments:

Post a Comment