Friday, February 21, 2014

Colors

Razzle Dazzle Rose: Camera Obscura: I love the instruments in this song, it sounds a little retro and very muted. It seems like a very romantic song, very soft. She is from Glasgow, and I remember thinking about her when I was in Edinbugh, walking past the Camera Obscura! 2 Stars.

Red: Taylor Swift: I like the idea of this song, it lets you decide what it means when loving him is red, is that passion? Losing him is blue, missing him is dark grey, I just really love this concept. Not to mention it is catchy and I like the stutter haha. 3 Stars.

Pink Bullets: The Shins: I go in phases where I remember loving the Shins so much when I first saw Garden State, to remembering a past relationship who loved the Shins and then he cheated on me so I kind of lose my interest in them... I think they do make good music. It is mellow, I really do like the stories they tell in their songs. This is a sad song about a ending, and it was beautiful. 3 Stars.

Yellow Submarine: The Beatles: I do like the Beatles... but this song... hm..  It kind of repeats a lot and kind of gets on my nerves, so I will delete this one. I still love you Beatles!

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road: Elton John: Honestly, I want to go see Elton John down in Vegas. I can't decide if I genuinely love his music, or if I want to be that girl with the unique and quirky music taste... But he was the first concert I went to... And I do really like his sound. So this song is one I would expect not to like, because I have never liked the Wizard of Oz, but this song is great. It is so perfect on those grey days where you don't want to do anything and it is rainy out, and you just need that anthem to sing... this is it. 3 Stars.

That Green Gentleman: Panic! At the Disco: I like this shift in their music, it is a little discordant, a little off, but that pulls me in more. Its a good song for when things have changed and you are happy about it, like it was your choice and its good. 2 Stars. 

Grey or Blue: Jaymay: I am not usually a big fan of ukelele type music, but I love this gals voice. I have always been big on eye color, so this song reminds me of that. I never thought I would end up with someone with brown eyes, mainly because I was always obsessed with Donna Lewis's song Always and Forever and how she mentions his blue eyes... but anyway, Harrison's eyes are the best brown eyes I have ever seen, and I can see how much love he has for me shining through and that gets me every time. But back to this song, it is sweet and cute, nice and light. 3 Stars.

Blue and Yellow: The Used: Oh there was a time in my life (2005?) Where I was actually really good at the screamo voice... I remember driving down Pac highway on my way to work at the bank, and I would be listening to the Used and I could scream it perfectly... Then walk into the bank and smile. I used music to cope with my emotions for sure. This song is nice because it isn't a screamy one, but it does have those feelings wrapped into it from that time in my life. 2 Stars.

Blue Suitcase: Erin McCarley:  I like her voice, it is simple and nice. Listening to this song makes me want to listen to her whole album, and then to look up more stuff by her. I think I first heard her from the He's Just Not That Into You soundtrack (which was the soundtrack for my life for some time). 2 Stars.

Black and Blue: New Found Glory: Ahh high school! It is a short song, nothing too special. 1 Star.

Ruby Blue: Roisin Murphy: This song is chaotic and beautiful. My old dance team has a routine to it, and it is good but the lighting is not so great. It has a grainy sound to it that I don't love, I wish it was a more clear sound, but that is part of what makes it what it is. 3 Stars.

Black Hole: She and Him: I do like Zooey Deschanel, but I loved her most in Failure to Launch.  This song paints a very vivid picture in my head, I'm alone on a bicycle for two. I like her retro sound, sometimes it is a little more country than I normally like, and her New Girl personality is one that I think tries too hard. This song scores 1 Star.

Black Velvet: Alannah Myles: Oh this song is dripping and intoxicating. I have loved it for as long as I can remember, I loved hearing it on the radio as a kid, and I love it now. It is a saucy song, a good little West Coast Swing song (which is such a flirtatious dance). It makes me think of the south on a hot day, you're fanning yourself with a lace fan, a light breeze through the curtains at dusk, and that romantic man coming home. This is one of the ultimate kitchen dancing songs for me. 5 Stars.

Black Sheep: Brie Larson: This is from Scott Pilgrim VS the World, which was a clever movie! I like this song, it just feels good to me. The lyrics are kind of nonsense, and that's what makes it work. 3 Stars.

14 songs rated, 1 deleted.

No comments:

Post a Comment